June 25 – Online applications open
September 11, 11:59 pm – Deadline for all submissions
September 25 – All applicants will be notified of their status via email
October 16 by 9pm – Deadline for selected works to be delivered to the RMG
November 25 from 7-10pm – RMG Exposed
Applicants must submit work online by September 11, 2017.
- Contestants may submit up to 3 photographs into the juried competition under the category options of:
- Youth (Eligible entrants must under age 24. Proof may be required.)
- RMG Exposed is open to all photographers except employees of the RMG, and the immediate families of such employees or sponsors and corporate partners of the event.
- All funds raised at RMG Exposed Photography Competition and Auction support community and art education projects at the RMG.
- Each image must be original photography taken by the contestant.
- Photo Competition award winners and auction selections will be chosen by the jury, based on artistic and technical merit. Decision of the jury will be final.
- Artists will be notified of the jury’s decision in relation to their submitted photograph(s) by email on September 20, 2016. If selected, artists agree to donate for sale an exhibition-quality print of the image(s) selected to the RMG by October 15, 2017 at 9:00pm.
- If selected, we ask that all image(s) be printed a minimum of 8 x 10 inches and maximum of 26 x 34 inches.
- The RMG will matte and/or mount all works for public preview and sale. Special care will be taken in the handling of all prints.
- The top jury selections will be professionally framed, eligible for awards and part of the Live Auction. The Silent Auction will be divided into two lots and consist of the remaining auction selections.
- Prize winners will be announced during the event on November 25, 2017. Any works received after the deadline are not eligible for prizes.
- The RMG will offer selected artists one complimentary RMG Exposed ticket for each work selected. The RMG will also offer a charitable tax receipt to artists for their work up to $1,000. As a “thank you” to the selected artists, the RMG will also issue a one year RMG Family Membership to the named donor. Artists wishing to purchase a companion ticket may purchase 1 at a reduced rate of $25.00. Companion tickets are available only via phone and only until October 31, 2016.
- Contestants must be the sole owner of the copyright for all images and are responsible for model releases on any image submitted. As such, the contestant holds the RMG harmless from any breach of copyright in Canada, the U.S.A. or internationally.
- Copyright of all images will remain with the photographer, with the following limitations:
- All award winning entries and silent auction selections become the property of the RMG to be sold at RMG Exposed 2016.
- The RMG will claim right to use selected entries without payment of fees, in publicity, promotion or advertisement in support of RMG Exposed 2017.
- The RMG reserves the right to reproduce the image in marketing and promoting RMG Exposed events for a maximum of two years. When used, the submission will be marked with the proper credit line to the artist.
- Successful purchasers of a work at RMG Exposed obtain the single right to hang and privately display the purchased image(s). No other rights are included or implied.
- By entering this contest, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless The Robert McLaughlin Gallery and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this competition or any competition-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
- If a photograph does not sell at RMG Exposed event, the artist will be contacted and must arrange for pick-up of artwork by December 15, 2017. If artwork is not picked up by that time, the artwork will become property of the RMG to be used for future fundraising purposes.
Participation in the RMG Exposed Photography Competition and Auction indicates your complete acceptance and acknowledgement that you have read, understand and accept these rules.